current sexual orientation: chris evans in a baby gap tee
Hello new followers!
There’s been a fair few of you the last few days, which is lovely. If it’s because of that Sunday Six I posted then that’s even lovelier.
I always like to hear from people so feel free to drop me a line anytime :)
America for a Bisexual Cap
Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
Rule 4: Actually tell them you tagged them
I was tagged by thewriterchick :)
1. Favourite holiday? A trip to Tasmania with my husband before we had kids. Does the rest of the world know Tasmania by name? It’s that island off the bottom of Australia. It’s the closest Australia gets to being anything like England, as far as I can tell :)
2. Facebook or Tumblr? So very definitely tumblr. I check facebook daily but I’m on tumblr constantly. It’s my happy place :)
3. Deep-dish pizza or New York pizza? Erm… I don’t actually know what New York pizza is?
4. Paris or London? Never been to either but would love to go to both. Probably London first though.
5. Have you ever been camping? Not for a long time but I was a girl guide as a kid so I did a lot of camping then.
6. Who is your favourite Best Actress winner/winning performance? Natalie Portman in Black Swan, I suppose?
7. Coke or Pepsi? Coke, but I don’t really drink much softdrink anyway (mainly just mix it with my rum :))
8. Backstreet Boys or N’Sync? lololol Backstreet Boys
9. Favourite Pixar film? Brave
10. What do you do to pick yourself up when you’re in a funk? Vanilla latte :)
thewriterchick already tagged a stack of the people I would have tagged so I’m just going to harass yolandaash. You’re it! (Same questions ‘cause I’m too busy writing fic to think of new ones :))
black widow/ Чёрная вдова/ chernaya vdova/ natalia alianovna romanova/ natasha romanoff
Jadziabear is COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE for the fact that I now ship Jemma and Bucky. And that I shall henceforth call them BioFreeze.
And now I can just picture Darcy and Jemma having awkward girl nights commiserating with each other over the shenanigans their boys get themselves into.
Make my friends ship ALL THE CRACKSHIPS
I started shipping these guys, I don’t know, like three months ago and suspected that it would forever be a one-person canoe, so I’m super excited to hear that other people can picture the sweet fluffy hurt/comforty goodness between these two.
There are specific ways to punctuate your dialogue. Learning to do this correctly will make you look more professional and accomplished as a writer to potential publishers and agents.
- Speech followed by a dialogue tag: “Come on,” she said. Use a comma after the speech, treat the dialogue tag as being part of the same sentence.
- One sentence of speech split by a dialogue tag: “Come on,” she said, “or you’re going to make us late.” Only punctuate with a full stop right at the very end of the whole sentence. Start the second part of speech with a lower case letter.
- Two sentences of speech split by a dialogue tag: “Come on,” she said. “We can’t afford to be late again.” End the tag with a full stop and start the new sentence of speech with a capital letter.
- Speech separated by action: “Come on.” She pulled on her shoes and opened the door. “We can’t afford to be late again.” The action can’t be rolled into the same sentence as the speech, so it becomes three separate sentences.
And remember that all punctuation marks attached to the speech itself should be placed inside of the speech tags.
What’s the end ship? Or is it a gen piece?
It’s Jemma/Bucky. I know on the face of it it sounds insane, but my rationale is that they’re both flirts, even if Jemma is usually a little more subtle about it, and she’s also sweet and kind and stronger and braver than she first appears. I don’t see them having a proper relationship at all, but I love the idea of Bucky remembering parts of who he used to be though flirting with Jemma, plus I just adore hurt/comfort and I need my post-Cap 2 Bucky to get lots of comfort for all his hurts, which I think Jemma would be willing to provide.
Bless Jemma’s enthusiasm for all things science. Adorable.
Bless you for reading <33
Each Sunday, post six sentences from a writing project — published, submitted, in progress, for your cat — whatever.
Here, have Jemma Simmons geeking out over Bucky’s cybernetic arm(this is an excerpt from something longer I hope to start posting soon):
As it turned out, Simmons wasn’t a guy, but a pretty girl who barely looked old enough to buy her own beer.
"Ms Simmons," said Steve, straightening up as the door slid open. The young woman entered, some sort of device in her hands, and the door slid shut behind her.
"Please, call me Jemma," she said with a warm smile and a pleasant accent.
A pretty, British girl, then.
With a pink cardigan and a ponytail.
She turned her smile on Bucky but almost instantly her mouth became a soft ‘o’ and both perfect brows arched upward.
“The arm!” she exclaimed. She crossed the small room in a few short strides. “I can’t believe I forgot about the arm!”
She dropped the device she was holding onto the thin mattress of the bed and took his left hand in both of hers. “Fitz is going to be so jealous that I got to see it first!”